Dec 14, 2008

A PIECE OF JAPAN


I'm starting to believe Life is full of surprises.


I took a Northwest flight from Chicago to Manila via Japan. While I was waiting for my turn to board the plane in Narita, the NW agent announced the flight was overbooked and they needed volunteers who were willing to give up their seats.

Smelling freebies, I immediately had myself bumped off to a JAL flight a day after.

The deal i got?

Overnight stay at Radisson (i was tempted to go to downtown Tokyo but time wasn't on my side). A free roundtrip ticket to the U.S., redeemable within a year. Two thousand Worldperks miles. USD 50 airport voucher.

How's that to cap a week-long respite?

And oh, i also got a Sakura lounge pass. For a moment, I thought i earned a business class upgrade too.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

you went via japan diay?
i think celeste emailed something about you going to japan.
this was the trip?

Mrs Jane B said...

Yey! I believe that life has its bits of surprises! Good to note you've started blogging. Im trying to start as well.

Keep it coming! Happy holidays!

Mrs Jane B.

Unknown said...

eds, asa ko pwede tan-aw sa imong other (secret) blog? ingna ko para makabasa ko kay was man kay sulat sulat diri oy : )

jaspercaesar said...

sus walay bag-o like our laag-laag sa maynila? calling the peeps na naa pics ato na night.

aysus yen to-o man ka ni edsuy na naa siyay other blog. busy lang na siya ug travel travel all over mao dili tig sulat diri.

hehehehe.